Harry and Meghan’s statements in Netflix documentary ‘confused’ filmmakers, source claims
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s statements in their Netflix documentary ‘contradicted’ what the Duke has written in his memoir and left filmmakers ‘confused’, source claims
- Page Six reported the Duke and Duchess of Sussex left producers ‘confused’
- Their Netflix documentary will be released in December of this year
- Publication had reported Harry and Meghan wanted to delay the series’ release
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made claims that appeared to ‘contradict’ each other and confused producers during filming for their TV show, it has been claimed.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have filmed a docu-series for streaming service Netflix which is due to air in December.
However as royal fans eagerly anticipate a long-awaited glimpse into their lives, a source has told Page Six that filmmakers were left ‘confused’ by some of their statements.
A Netflix source told Page Six the Duke and Duchess of Sussex (pictured at Global Citizen Live in New York, September 2021) made statements in the series that ‘contradicted’ Harry’s book
Harry and Meghan surprised royal fans when they appeared with the Prince and Princess of Wales to greet well-wishers outside the Windsor Estate after the Queen died
A Netflix source told the publication: ‘A lot in the show contradicted what Harry has written, so that was an issue.’
They added: ‘Then Harry and Meghan made significant requests to walk back content they themselves have provided, for their own project.’
Page Six had earlier reported that the Duke and Duchess had wanted to hold the Netflix show until next year while they made edits to the production, but the publication has now reported Netflix ‘stuck to its guns’ to air the docu-series after the new series of The Crown has been released.
MailOnline has contacted the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for comment.
Earlier this week royal biographer Tom Bower said Harry and Meghan were ‘stuck with the devil’ over their deals with Netflix and Penguin Publishing for the TV show and Harry’s memoir.
Prince William, Prince of Wales, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex arrive to hold a vigil in honour of their grandmother
Bower claimed the pair were in need of the cash that would come in from the deals.
He said: ‘They need the money and they need it now more than ever because they’ve got no other source of income. So I think they’re just stuck with the devil now.
‘They’re tied to Netflix, they’re tied to their book. And all the criticism they’re going to take means nothing because that’s the only way they can earn their money.’
Speaking to GB News on Monday, Mr Bower added: ‘I don’t see how the Sussexes can give up both the Netflix and book deal.’
Following the Queen’s death in September, the Duke and Duchess, who were in the UK at the time and staying at Frogmore Cottage, appeared to make steps towards easing the tension between themselves and The Firm.
On Saturday 10 September, two days after Her late Majesty passed away, royal fans were warmed – and surprised – to see the Sussexes step out in Windsor alongside the new Prince and Princess of Wales to meet well-wishers and read tributes.
While the Queen was lying in state in Westminster Hall, King Charles allowed Prince Harry to wear his military uniform even though he is no longer a working royal, so he could take part in a Vigil of Princes along with Prince William and the Queen’s other grandchildren.
The vigil saw the grandchildren stand around the Queen’s coffin to ‘guard’ it while members of the public filed past.